Many companies are looking towards mobile resources to enhance their learning and development programs. However, some learning and development apps or programs are hard to access for those that don’t have a smartphone. Text messaging (SMS) is a great way to help employees or customer retain information on any phone. We’ve put together a list of 8 statistics about how we use cell phones and especially text messaging.
- (Almost) everybody’s got one: 94% of all Americans have cell phones, which means that 9 out of 10 people have a cell phone on them, ready to connect and communicate, whether on a smartphone or not.
- They’re our best friends: We have them with us for roughly 16 hours a day. If there’s a way to contact someone anytime, anywhere, cell phones are the way to go.
- You probably look at it more than you think: On average, we check them 150 times per day. You only thought you didn’t check social media that often!
- They watch us while we dream: 68% of us have them next to us while we sleep. Does this mean we check notifications in our sleep, too?
- A whole lotta mail: We send over 6 million text messages every day. That is the equivalent of over double the population of Los Angeles, California!
- To be exact: That’s 763 text messages per person per month. Just from this cell phone statistic alone, imagine all the different kinds of conversations and opportunities there are just in text-messaging conversations.
- People want to hear what we say: 99% of text messages that we send are read. We can’t stand those “unread message” symbols on our phones!
- Our texts are read right away: 90% of texts are read within 3 minutes of receiving them. This is a significantly better statistic than unread or trashed emails in our inboxes.
These cell phone statistics show that we love our cell phones, and the most efficient way to reach anybody on mobile device is through text messaging. Feel free to share this information with your network!
We read texts right away: 90% of texts are read within 3 minutes of receiving them. Much better than unread or trashed emails in our inboxes!
Get a Demo
Learn how Mobile Coach chatbots will help you drive real engagement with your audience to achieve the key behaviors and results you want.